I am a second-year PhD student in the department of Computer Science and Engineering at University of South Carolina. My research interests include reinforcement learning, transfer learning, deep learning and adversarial example. Currently, I am working with Prof. Jamshidi to enable a robot to automatically adapt itself to the environment by applying machine learning to optimally configure the robot based on a given budget.
Before joining the PhD program, I obtained a M.S. degree in Computer Science from Michigan Technological University in 2014, and then worked as a software engineer for Intel Security (2014-2016) and Synopsys (2016-2017). During my study at Michigan Tech, I worked with Prof. Havens on the fuzzy clustering of social networks.
Working as the TA for CSCE 580 (Artificial Intelligence) for 2020 Spring
- Office: Room 2212, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Hours : TBD or By Appointment
- Software Engineer II at Synopsys, Seattle. Feb. 2016 ~ June 2017
- Software Engineer at Intel Security, Denver. July 2014 ~ Jan. 2016
- Automated front-end and back-end test suites for new features/hot fixes for SaaS Email Protection product.
- Operating System: CSCE 311, 2019 Spring
- Artificial Intelligence: CSCE 580, 2020 Spring
- Ying Meng, Jianhai Su, Jason O’Kane, Pooyan Jamshidi. “Ensembles of Many Diverse Weak Defenses can be Strong: Defending Deep Neural Networks Against Adversarial Attacks”. CoRR abs/2001.00308 (2020)
- Md Shahriar Iqbal, Jianhai Su, Lars Kotthoff, Pooyan Jamshidi. “FlexiBO: Cost-Aware Multi-Objective Optimization of Deep Neural Networks”. CoRR abs/2001.06588 (2020)
- Qiang Zeng, Jianhai Su, Chenglong Fu, Golam Kayas, Lannan Luo, Xiaojiang Du, Chiu Chiang Tan, Jie Wu. “A Multiversion Programming Inspired Approach to Detecting Audio Adversarial Examples”. DSN 2019: 39-51
- Jianhai Su, Timothy Havens. “Quadratic Program-Based Modularity Maximization for Fuzzy Community Detection in Social Networks”. IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. PP, Iss. 99, pp. 1-1, DOI: 10.1109/TFUZZ.2014.2360723.
- Jianhai Su, Timothy Havens. “Fuzzy community detection in social networks using a genetic algorithm”. IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (IEEE WCCI), Beijing, China, July 6-11, 2014.
- Jianhai Su, Timothy C. Havens. “A Generalized Fuzzy T-norm Formulation of Fuzzy Modularity for Community Detection in Social Networks”. WCSC 2013: 65-76